Projects & Engineering
Team Leader, Maintenance Carbon Black / Delayed Coker
ADNOC is one of the world's leading energy producers, and a primary catalyst for the growth and diversification of the United Arab Emirates.
Our diverse family of more than 50,000 employees is made up of over 100 different nationalities. People from different backgrounds, with unique perspectives and wide-ranging skillsets, who share a collective responsibility: to enable and accelerate progress, both here in the UAE and across the globe.
Here at ADNOC, we go beyond business as usual. We do things differently, challenge convention, and embrace new ways of thinking. This is what defines and differentiates us.
By working together every day, we re bringing energy to life.
This job is for ADNOC- Refining.
Purpose of the Job
Supervises the functions and operations of the Maintenance Division / Department to ensure that the maintenance activities are budgeted, planned and implemented, to achieve reliable, efficient and safe operations at optimum cost.
Operations Management and Planning:
• Participates and supports in developing short-term, mid-term and long-term strategic objectives, goals and plans for the Department.
• Based on the strategic objectives of the Division, provides leadership for the development and implementation of Department policies, systems, processes, procedures, guidelines and controls and updates these as necessary.
• Updates maintenance policy based on international best practice in coordination with Maintenance Departments in other divisions.
• Chairs meetings and/or forms committees for the resolution of operational concerns and improvement of plant performance, providing technical advice.
• Plans all preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance, plant modifications and shutdown activities.
• Communicates with, advises and mentors senior staff within the Maintenance Department including the Planning Engineer, Mechanical Maintenance Head and the Plant Electrical/Control Maintenance Section Head.
Monitoring of Operations:
• Reviews related reports and notes variances from maintenance plans and implements corrective measures.
• Reviews work schedules for routine maintenance and annual shutdown to ensure plant downtime is minimised.
• Tracks Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and ensures KPI targets and results are communicated to the Maintenance Department staff effectively.
• Arranges assistance with identifying and correcting chronic plant problems.
• Manages the preparation of periodic reports on the Maintenance Department activities to keep senior management informed of performance indices to facilitate decision making.
• Examines contractor s proposals for maintenance and repair work and recommends acceptance or revision as appropriate.
• Ensures implementation of all audits and reports the status to concerned departments.
• B.Sc. in Mechanical, Electrical or Control Engineering.
• Minimum 12 years maintenance experience in a Refinery / gas processing utility/waste management plant of which five years should have been at management level.
• Experience working in Carbon Black or Delayed Coker Plant.
• Familiar with international and UAE utility industry standards and protocols.
• Knowledge of the Oil and Gas Industry.
• High level of relevant technical knowledge and application.
• Excellent organisational, management and planning skills