REPORTS TO:Engineering Supervisor
LIAISE WITH:All Hotel Team Members; External and Internal Providers
LOCATION:Rabban Suites West Bay Doha
PRIMARY FUNCTION:Ensure all equipment in good repair with a minimum of downtime by providing the day to day maintenance of the hotel under the direction of engineering management. Continually works and support towards the improvement of engineering service to both guest and associates.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Understand and operate advance electrical, plumbing, refrigeration and boiler system; and ensure that the following are maintained:
o Guest Rooms and Public Areas- plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, plumbing, and electrical equipment including lamps, air conditioners and cosmetic items.
o Tools To clean, lubricate, protect, and otherwise maintain all tools and equipment in the hotel. To see that all tools used are returned to the shop and secured in proper storage area. To protect and otherwise maintain assigned tool pouch and its tools at the discretion of the engineering management.
o Fire Alarm/Life Safety System - to monitor systems as necessary, to be fully informed of the system operation and to handle emergencies involving the systems.
o To have a working knowledge of fire sprinkler and emergency power systems. Act quickly to pre-warning or fire alarm; proceed to the exact location and check the situation; report at once to immediate supervisor.
o Energy Conservation - to observe and analyze energy and utilities usage in the hotel and on the grounds. To look for ways to conserve energy and report any ideas to the engineering department.
o Emergencies to be available for any emergencies.Act in an engineering capacity to protect our guests and associates and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency.
o To act as quickly and responsibly as possible to return the building to its normal operating status, and inform any such emergencies.
o Accident Prevention and Safety - to be aware of all existing departmental Job Safety Analysis and to strive to work in an accident-free manner and to create a safe work environment for others. To continuously look for conditions which may endanger associates or guests of the hotel and to take immediate action to correct any hazardous conditions found.
o Records - to read, log, track, and interpret readings from meters, gauges, and other measuring units. To maintain a thorough log of each day's activities and problems that occur and to ensure this information is passed on to other shifts. Take reading of electric, water, and LPG meter for night shift duty. Take swimming pool reading three (3) times a day.
• Attend to the Maintenance Request issued by concerned department.
• Carry out Preventive Maintenance Program as per schedule.
• Follow the proper shift taking over and handing over procedures.
• Maintain the hotel facilities and related equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
• Reads, learns, understands, and refers to the Standard Operating Procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and/or Assistant Chief Engineer.
• Liaison between Front Office, Housekeeping, Security, Health Club, Kitchen and the other departments within the hotel.
• Attend daily assignment sheet given by immediate supervisor
• Keep accurate completion and task records in the project files.
• Keep working areas clean and well organized. Serve as otherwise directed or needed to help maintain the effective and efficient operation of the hotel.
• Complete all work assigned in a safe and professional manner.
• Maintain communication and give feedback with immediate supervisor to ensure that all needed materials, tools, and supplies are available or on order. Follow up on any items that may be on back order.
• Help train new hires on-the-job-trainees (On the Job Training) and cross-trainees.
• Provide training and technical advice to other engineers as needed or requested.
• Set an example of continuous self-development.
• Communicate effectively with all other departments
• Operate as an independent mechanic by analyzing problems, identifying courses of action, and implementing solutions with available resources and to a high degree of quality.
• Attend meetings, training sessions and any other required meeting or training session.
• Identify opportunities to innovate service delivery and product offering to meet and exceed client expectations.
• Ensure safe work practices are adopted at all time and report any OHS concerns immediately to your direct manager or HR Manager.
• Maintains a working knowledge of all federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations.