NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail and hospitality industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with 36,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Position Summary & Key Areas of Responsibility
The PS Technical Consultant works in a complex technical environment, resolving and providing solutions to customer problems. They identify, design and develop solutions for product and system problems. They communicate with internal and external organizations to resolve problems whilst maintaining full ownership.
Offer input and gain knowledge as a subject matter expert on products, systems, and services
• Has basic knowledge across the related LOB product range including all solution(s) currently released and supported, but may require assistance to progress an incident out with assigned product solution(s)
• Knowledgeable on assigned product solution(s) and can investigate issues and very infrequently require assistance
Design corrective action(s) to resolve product or system problems with no known solutions.
• Gather and analyze information, formulate and test hypothesis
• Identify, design, develop and validate solution
• Ability to research problems with no known solutions and design solutions for identified problems
• Collaborate and communicate with technical suppliers including other Software Support Engineers, Third Party Suppliers, Product Development Engineers, Solutions Managers, Professional Services and Technical Support Specialists as appropriate; whilst maintaining ownership of the incident
• Ability to manage multiple issues of differing stages of investigation and priority without assistance.
Actively participate in making the team a success by achieving the team objectives
• Adherence to GS2 SLA Guidelines & RWG Target
• Knowledge metrics and knowledge code compliance as per department objectives
• Proper usage of incident tracking tool (as per incident working guidelines)
• Productivity (as per cascaded objectives)
• Accurate and prompt time logging (direct and indirect)
• Work all incidents diligently to ensure customer satisfaction targets are achieved
Enhance customer service by dealing with all incidents professionally and adhering to GS2 SLA
• Ensure customers are kept updated with current status of investigation as per SLA guidelines
• Maintain ownership of incident at all times
Enhance organization dynamics by building and maintaining internal and external relationships
• Mandatory compliance to NCR's Code of Conduct & Shared Values.
• Build relationships with people across a variety of functions within the organization.
• Relate to others in an accepting and respectful manner, regardless of their organizational level, personality, or background.
• Build collaboration by identifying and conveying common interests and priorities (including removing barriers and breaking down silos).
• Appropriately involves others in decisions and plans that affect them.
Record and communicate solution creation information in a timely manner
• Populate the knowledge base with product and in-depth technical information
• Ensure article is created & released for appropriate audience (external/internal)
Enhance individual performance and career development by focusing on technical areas and personal skills outside current areas of expertise
• Continuously develop and maintain pertinent technical knowledge and troubleshooting skills
• Assess personal skills and schedule training
Participate as requested as a Continuous Improvement Team Member
• Contributes towards identifying processes, products and services areas of improvements and team with other analysts to improve the process consistent with the NCR improvement approach
• Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in a discipline related to the product technology - usually electrical, mechanical, computer engineering, or computer science Or High school education
• Minimum of 3 years software related job experience (support/development)
• Good English skills and local language skills if appropriate
• Communication skills both written and verbal
• Excellent team player
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment composed of peers and cross-functional members
• Proactive and positive attitude
• Decision making
• Problem solving
• Problem management skills
• Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
• Interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to be focused and a self-starter
• Have a strong desire for quality
• Sense of urgency
• Ability to multi-task
• Tact & diplomacy
• Excited by the challenge of the unknown
• Analytical Skills
• Ability to be available for 7x24 on call if required
• Ability to work flexible working hours
• Willingness to travel at short notice as required
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.