We are looking for Technical Field Advisor I - HD GT Mechanical for Oman.
The Heavy-Duty Gas Turbine TFA I, will contribute to the management of site activities including planning, organizing, integrating and monitoring of resources such as labor, tools and technical assistants as required to complete the work scope according to contractual requirements. Will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of great complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning at customer power generating facilities. Will be responsible for the installation and maintenance of Gas Turbines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manage, perform, coordinate the management of HD Gas Turbine site activities
• Perform on-site installation of systems and equipment and ongoing preventive maintenance, repair and calibration after installation
• Respond to requests for emergency repairs and services to troublesome equipment
• Provide technical instruction and assistance to customer representatives regarding installation, operation, calibration, repair and maintenance at customer's sites
• Perform administrative functions such as: writing technical reports, ordering materials, securing quotations, preparing job status reports, reports to customers, time sheet and expense sheets on a complete timely, and thorough basis
• Signs off on all changes implemented.
• Drive customer satisfaction through commitment to quality. • Maintain strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within GE safety standards • Knowledge to troubleshoot and provide routine maintenance checkout for wide range of equipment vintage
• Coach, mentor and train other team members as required, to impart and perpetuate field engineering and/or product knowledge.
• Prepare timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future outages
• Ensure all parts needed for the job are shipped to the site
• Perform walk-downs during installation to ensure that the customer’s contractors are working properly.
• Perform aftermarket upgrades that need to be performed at the site level.
• Ability and willingness to work holidays, weekends and overtime as required by field assignments
• Extensive travel to and from projects and various field assignments will be required
• May be assigned other duties to help proactively drive our Company's vision and align with our organization’s core values.