We are looking for Technical Field Advisor II - ST Mechanical for UAE
The Steam Turbine TFA II, having completed level II competencies, travels to customer sites and supports our customers with installation, maintenance, and warranty work with industrial power generation rotating equipment, primarily Steam Turbines and some Gas Turbines. This position requires technical competence in reading and interpreting electrical/mechanical flow and instrument diagrams, dial and laser alignment and thermal growth equipment. The Steam Turbine TFA implements and executes the work under safety and environmental policies, serving as an example for others and provide full and active commitment in the deployment of the EHS Policies and any additional project-specific written statement or procedure
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manage, perform, coordinate, and/or monitor Steam Turbine site activities
• Perform on-site installation of systems and equipment and ongoing preventive maintenance, repair and calibration after installation
• Respond to requests for emergency repairs and services to troublesome equipment
• Provide technical instruction and assistance to customer representatives regarding installation, operation, calibration, repair and maintenance at customer's sites
• Perform administrative functions such as: writing technical reports, ordering materials, securing quotations, preparing job status reports, reports to customers, time sheet and expense sheets on a complete timely, and thorough basis
• Coach, mentor and train other Field Engineers and team members as required, to impart and perpetuate field engineering and/or product knowledge
• Signs off on all changes implemented
• Drive customer satisfaction through commitment to quality
• Maintain strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within GE safety standards
• Knowledge to troubleshoot and provide routine maintenance checkout for wide range of equipment vintage
• Prepare timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future outages
• Ensure all parts needed for the job are shipped to the site
• Perform walk-downs during installation to ensure that the customer’s contractors are working properly.
• Perform aftermarket upgrades that need to be performed at the site level.
• Ability and willingness to work holidays, weekends and overtime as required by field assignments
• Extensive travel to and from projects and various field assignments will be required
• May be assigned other duties to help proactively drive our company vision and align with our organization’s core values.