About the role:
We re looking for a technical product enthusiast who can support our Cross-Product team in building the customer enabling platforms like payments, loyalty, and order management system. The ideal candidate has a background in API development or system engineering and can quickly absorb new information. In this dynamic role, you will dive deep into the customer enabling products and work directly with our other product and engineering teams to ensure our technical core products can provide high-quality service to fulfill the needs of our customers.
• Translate product strategy into detailed requirements for prototype construction and final product development by engineering teams.
• Be the voice of the customer for the product team throughout the entire product development lifecycle, from definition to sunsetting of the product.
• Collaborate with product teams, engineers, and stakeholders to ensure a solid and well-rounded understanding of products and developing needs.
• Be the high-availability resource for answering questions posed by engineers and designers about stories in the backlog on a day-to-day basis.
• Author of user stories and acceptance criteria.
• Ensure that story content and prioritization is aligned to larger strategic objectives.
• Attend standups, grooming meetings, estimation meetings, retrospectives and other key meetings for the scrum team.
• Manage scope and drive trade-off decisions in conjunction with external stakeholders.
• Identify blockers that will impact timeline, scope, cost or other project variables and escalate to the appropriate stakeholders.
• Serve as a trusted advisor to internal teams like Hotels, Flights and Holidays.
• Problem-solver - you are effective at diagnosing root cause issues and developing creative approaches for solving challenges
• Customer-centric - you have a customer-first mentality, are effective at working with people with varying degrees of technical ability
• Organized - you are effective at working with multiple teams at once, and are adept at prioritizing across competing priorities; you have strong project management skills
• Technically adept - you are familiar and adept at working within a micro-service and event-driven architecture
• Analytic Thinking - you know how to read log files and data dashboards to detect patterns of potential issues
• Communicator and relationship builder - you have extremely strong communication skills; you re effective at communicating and building relationships with all 3 types of stakeholders you ll be working with - Product team, Software Engineers, and external technology providers
• Software engineering or computer science background
• Experience with modern technology stacks, including cloud, Google Analytics, microservices, API s, etc.
• Experienced in leading cross-functional teams
• Proficient in data analytics using Excel and Tableau (nice to have)
• Entrepreneurial and analytical; effective at managing change in a fast-moving and constantly evolving business
• Experience with supporting tools like Jira, Slack, and Kibana