About the job Technical Translator
You will contribute to the translation of software strings, user documentation, and tenders as well as to localization, quality assurance, and terminology management. You will contribute across all of our products as you work closely with our implementation and support teams to produce innovative software.
Initially remote with a possibility of relocation to our main office in Dubai
• Hands-on translation and adaptation of speech strings into Arabic, along with other software products as needed.
• Utilizing internal tools to identify changes with localization impact.
• Helping to fine-tune Text-to-Speech output.
• Identifying tools and process enhancements.
• Collaborating with the creative team to propose new use cases and ensure product consistency for the target market.
• Translate the company s business documents such as financial statements, legal documents, marketing reports, business plan, contracts, purchase order, business-related documents, from English to Arabic (and vice versa) while maintaining the main ideas and original meaning.
• Proofread and edit English translations of contracts, invoices, and other business documents by other translators, and make sure all translations are in accordance with the original meaning and business cultures of relevant countries.
• Check translations of technical terms and terminology to ensure that they are accurate and remain consistent throughout translated documents.
• Conduct simultaneous translations in business conferences, inspection visits, contract negotiations, and M&A negotiations.
• Accompany clients for business negotiations, contract negotiations, inspection visits, presentations, and high-class business meetings and provide translation/interpretation services with the sensitivity of different economic backgrounds and business cultures.
• Proofread for grammar, tone, clarity, and writing style and provide feedback on highly technical documents.
• Work together with Foreign Credential Evaluator to analyze and translate foreign educational credential documents such as academic transcripts, degrees, professional certificates, and resumes into equivalent English credentials.
• Compile terminology and information to be used in the translation of education-related documents, including technical, scientific, and legal terms.
• Research background material in related subjects to accurately translate difficult terms or highly technical languages.
• Provide certified translations of marriage certificates, birth and death certificates, and other related documents.
• Excellent knowledge of Arabic and English, both written and spoken
• Experience translating from American English to Arabic strongly preferred
• Ability to ensure translation maintains appropriate feeling, tone, and style
• Familiarity with CAT tools preferred
• Experience with localization and internationalization
• Excellent knowledge of structural aspects of the language (syntax, semantics, phonology, phonetics)
• Willing to relocate