Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Must be a U.S. Citizen to be considered.
Required Clearance to Start: SECRET
The mission of the Product Manager Power Projection Enablers (PdM P2E) is to provide a full spectrum of required strategic network and information services within all Combatant Commands (COCOMs) through the implementation of a standardized, global info-structure that is scalable, accessible, and defensible, providing continuous communication and coordination across global operations.
The selected candidate should be an individual whose qualifications and/or particular expertise are exceptional and/or highly unique. Subject Matter Experts (SME) do not have specific experience/education qualifications, but are typically identified as recognized Industry leaders for a given area of expertise. Subject Matter Experts typically perform the following kinds of functions: Initiates, supervises, and/or develops requirements from a project s inception to conclusion for complex to extremely complex programs; Provides strategic advice, technical guidance and expertise to program and project staff; Provides detailed analysis, evaluation and recommendations for improvements, optimization development, and/or maintenance efforts for client-specific or mission critical challenges/issues; Consults with client to define need or problem supervises studies and leads surveys to collect and analyze data to provide advice and recommend solutions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide operational and technical services to ensure that PTL-related hardware, operating systems and software systems adhere to Department standards and operate within established parameters.
• Assist project teams with technical issues in all phases of the project lifecycle; These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project lifecycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling out solutions.
• Accountable for Linux and Windows systems that support geographic information system (GIS) infrastructure; Linux, Windows and Application systems that support tracker history and related information.
• Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
• Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
• Extensive expertise in emerging developments in telecommunication, cryptography and security practices, policy development, and training.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Access, Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint, InfoPath, Outlook.
Required Qualifications :
• Selected candidates must be a U.S. Citizen .
• Bachelor s degree or equivalent, and ten to twelve years of related experience.
Security Clearance Requirements:
• Must have an active ( DoD) SECRET clearance.
• Must be able to balance, bend, carry, crouch, stretch and knee.
• Must be able to push, pull, and reach.
• Must be able to work with computers and CRTs, and type on a computer keyboard.