1. Internal Audit management
Implement the approved national internal audit plan: conduct and supervise internal audit missions through a risk management approach
• Audit Plan: Draft, implement and update the country audit plan (including IP Due diligences);
• Conduct country Internal audit missions: plan, organize and conduct country/area audit missions according to the Country Audit Plan and the ACTED internal audit methodology;
• Review and approve the country/area internal audit missions conducted by the area / country audit and compliance team;
• Contribute in managing Implementing Partners relationship on compliance and audit aspects such as due diligences, mitigation plan follow-up;
• Suggest measures for mitigating such risks to the CD, discuss the main findings and recommendations with the CD during the mission; draft an action plan (AUD-04B) to be discussed with the CD during the debriefing session;
• Audit report: send the audit reports (AUD-04A) after regional and/or HQ approval;
• Ensure the recommendation follow-up and actively participate in their implementation.
Control the implementation of the ACTED standard guidelines and FLAT System at the capital, area and partner s levels
• Control the monthly flow of documentation from the Areas and Partners to the Capital office; Review documentation compliance level on a random basis ;
• Supervise the National Compliance Officer in compiling, filing and checking all project related financial, logistics, administrative, HR, and programme information (including documentation from the areas and the partners) in the designated project Compliance FLATS folder on a monthly basis (FLA 01 and FLA 03);
• Support the Compliance Team in identifying the compliance issues by filling the compliance checklists (FLA 02);
• Link with the other departments, share the compliance issues identified and the action plan to mitigate the risk. Ensure the follow-up of the action plan (AUD 04B).
• Issue and/or review the Monthly Compliance Report (FLA 04) and the Audit TITANIC drafted by the Compliance Officer, obtain the Country Director review and approval and send it to HQ and Regional audit teams.
Control the compliance with country rules and regulations
• Support upon request the Country Director and/or the HQ Audit Director in litigation cases (staff, suppliers, etc.) follow-up;
• National and local legislation follow-up: in link with the Country Finance Manager and the Country Director, make sure that the national and local legislation is well followed (tax exemption, social security, labour law etc.);
• Tax/VAT exemption follow-up: in link with the Country Finance Manager and the Country Director, make sure that ACTED complies with tax laws and that tax/VAT exemptions are requested in a timely manner.
Provide support to mitigate the high risks identified
• Provide technical support to the Finance, Logistics, Admin, Audit and Programme departments and participate to the action plan implementation to mitigate the risks identified in 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 upon request of the Country Director and / or the HQ Audit, Legal and Transparency Director.
2. External audit : ensure the external audit and the due diligences preparation and follow up
• Ensure the preparation of external audits and due diligences in close collaboration with the HQ Audit Department, the Country Finance Manager and the Country Director;
• Review and approve the draft of the External Audit preparation (AUD-01) and ensure the update of Project, FLAT & External Audit Follow-up (AUD-00) by the Compliance Officer;
• Train the implementing partners / country/area staff to the external audit preparation;
• Contribute, in line with the Country Finance Manager in managing external audit preparation related to Implementing Partners expenses.
• In close relation with the Country Director and the Country Finance Manager, facilitate and coordinate the audit, organize the kick off and close out meetings of each external audit;
• Draft ACTED Management responses to the audit report, to be approved by the Country Finance Manager and the Country Director first and then by the HQ Audit Department. Follow-up the reception of the signed audit report;
• Ensure the update of the External Audit Recommendations follow up (AUD-02) and ensure implementation of the recommendations from external audits;
• When relevant to a project or mission registration, provide technical support to select external audit companies.
3. Training sessions / lessons learn / best practices
Capacity building and Training
• Provide practical training on specific areas of ACTED procedures;
• Coach, train, and mentor Compliance staff in the country.
• Contribute to proactive dissemination and use of knowledge gained through audit activities (internal and external audits) among international and national staff;
• Participate in kick-off /closure meetings to share lesson learnt from previous audit and highlight donor guidelines.
• Reinforce current procedures and the quality of ACTED internal control, based on international best practices, donors requirements and results of internal & external audits;
• Upon request from the Audit Director, participate to the drafting of specific policies.
• Postgraduate diploma in Finance/ Audit or International
• Relations 1-2 years previous work experience in a relevant position
• Experience in Finance, Logistics, Administration
• Proven capabilities in leadership and management are better
• Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills, and flexibility in cultural and organizational terms
• Ability to work well and under pressure
• Excellent english level, written and spoken (daily contact with the field s teams)
• Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid depending on education level, expertise, security level and experience
• Living allowance of 300 USD
• Lodging and food provided in the ACTED Guesthouse / or housing allowance (depending on the contract lenght and country of assignement)
• Flight tickets in and out + Visa taken in charge by ACTED
• Provision of medical and repatriation insurances