- Maintain the Casualty Underwriting Guidelines that adhere to all corporate and support the strategy and profit goals of the company
- Responsible for handling and making a profitable books of reinsurance assumed business across Middle East and Africa including maintenance and review of the profitability
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual assigned profit and production budgets for Middle East and Africa (GPW/NPW, Loss Ratio, Combined Ratio, GAAP P&L and Expense Ratio)
- Assist the Senior Underwriter for reviewing the submissions and the preparation of quotations & binding slips
- Ensure that all casualty pricing tools are being used correctly and that all casualty quotes, binders and policies are issued in accordance with regulatory and corporate policies.
- Conduct an audit process that certifies all staff is doing the appropriate underwriting
- Serves as technical resource for the department to improve accuracy and effectiveness of the casualty underwriting process.
- Maintaining the accuracy of E-Start data, Duck Creek, GDMS and all related pricing tools within the Casualty Team
- Maintain an acceptable balance between potentially conflicting sales goals and profit.
- Makes regular visits to brokers / ceding companies and maintain broker / cedants relationship
- Collaborates with other underwriters within Commercial Lines for cross-sell initiatives / opportunities
- Adhere to underwriting authority & underwriting guidelines reference in the AIG Casualty Intranet site.
- Ensuring that all underwriting decisions are documented in the underwriting file. Ensure that all underwriting directives and compliance process are followed.
- Ensure the tracking of all reinsurance Casualty Accounts of AIG MEA Ltd
- Ensure timely booking of all reinsurance policies for AIG MEA Ltd
- Handling of all process oriented tasks ensuring a smooth process in place Other tasks that may be deemed necessary as per the Casualty requirements.
Technical Skills and Expertise
Demonstrate a historical employment track record or profitable growth thru the development and execution of production strategies.
Demonstrate business management skills in planning, organizational ability, decision-making and experienced in motivating peers and subordinates.
Proven ability to develop and manage successful producer relationship.
Integrity, image, communication skills, interpersonal skills at an established high professional level.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.