• Underwrite standard group health products in new and existing markets to support reinsurance clients in evaluating, quantifying and mitigating risk appropriately.
• Proactively recommend alternate ways of landing and retaining policyholders, e.g. by pricing change and/ or enhancement in plan designs, to meet customer needs and business goals.
• Maintain focus on both, individual and portfolio underwriting, and be keenly aware of the portfolio performance to support proper steering of business to reach set goals.
• Conduct underwriting quality management for the active implementation of risk management for MRUA in coordination with MR Corporate functions and MRUA Actuarial and Client Management.
• Analyze and evaluate new developments and trends in the market in the private and public health market to establish an overview and support in product enhancement and development.
• Providing input to the actuarial team for pricing of primary insurance products, pricing of non standard primary insurance benefits, for Individual and Group insurance standard pricing and experience based renewal pricing, for monitoring of primary insurance portfolios (cedents) and for pricing of traditional reinsurance concepts to support in evaluating, quantifying and mitigating risk appropriately.
• Interact with Client Managers on maintaining client relationships and participating in clients meetings (cedents) and brokers to support in addressing specific issues during negotiations with cedents and in achieving MRUA s business goals.
• Bachelor degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science or Economics and/ or a comparable degree with sound mathematical background
• Fluent in Arabic and English Language.
• Several years of MEA market experience for medical group underwriting
• Proven underwriting and analytical skills
• Good interpersonal and communicational skills to manage client expectations, both internal and external
• Team player, motivated, dependable, and open-minded