Avon offers you top class opportunities in a broad range of disciplines. As you might expect, our industry-leading enterprise is made up of underwriters, finance specialists, consultants and claims managers. We have industry-focused practices that draw the best from the sectors they serve, from construction and marine to healthcare and human resources. Your opportunities at Avon are tremendous, as we give you the freedom, resources and support to help design your career path across numerous areas. At Avon, opportunities translate into exciting careers.
Associate Underwriter- Commercial Lines
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage Property & Casualty insurance forms and policies
• Coordinate with insurance companies and clients to obtain quotes, cover confirmations and endorsements.
• Accompany producers on client meetings to impart technical advice to clients.
• Develop Property & Casualty product business with the help of the producers
• Track progress on internal communication program and communicate results to Business Unit.
• Provide technical advice, counsel, and assistance in the development and utilization of the policy
• Together with business partners, drive regulatory compliance.
• Evaluate current operational and communication procedures/practices and revise as appropriate to improve overall efficiency.
• Manage special projects, as may be needed.
• 3-5 years of underwriting experience in property and casualty lines with brokers or insurance companies.
• Minimum qualification of an undergraduate degree in engineering, commerce or mathematics
• Must be highly analytical and must have strong reasoning ability
• Interpersonal skills with a dedicated focus to client interaction.
• Preferable to have one of the following qualifications AIII, FIII, Dip CII, ARe, AU or AICPU
• Local contacts with insurance companies and general awareness of the pricing structures
• Highly motivated with the ability to work in a team.
• Highly Competitive Compensation which is higher than industry average.
• Medical Benefits
• Life and Protection benefits
• Annual Tickets