RI is looking to for an experienced Project Manager to lead the implementation of a USAID/OFDA funded integrated WASH, Health and Nutrition project across two states in Sudan. The USAID/OFDA Project Manager will lead all project implementation, developing workplans, spenddown plans, HR and input into BVA meetings, providing technical support to quality and effective program implementation (including supervising activities, oversight of each sector, M&E, reporting), coordinate with key actors, set up and monitoring accountability mechanisms, facilitate learning within the project and build on best practices.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
Project Management (85%)
• Communicate program goals and objectives with key team members, to be communicated to all team members, local beneficiaries, local and central government and the international community.
• Provide leadership and direction to all field aspects of the program and participate in the design and management of future programs
• Overall responsibility for the technical quality and standards of the USAID/OFDA integrated project across operational areas, in line with budgets and work-plans, focusing on producing required deliverables.
• Overall responsibility for supervising and supporting timely and effective implementation of the USAID/OFDA project and activities, including achieving set indicator targets and objectives, and grant management.
• Ensure that the USAID/OFDA project aligns with all donor contractual obligations.
• Conduct field visits to monitor implementation and consult with key stakeholders and provide support to program coordinators to ensure timely and effective project implementation - determining gaps and needs and taking corrective measures within appropriate timelines.
• Conduct capacity building and/or mentoring activities for project staff. More specifically, mentor staff involved in the project.
• Coordinate with all RI Sudan sector leads to integrate activities/indicators, especially through mainstreaming gender and conflict sensitive programming.
• Liaise with the Finance and Operations teams to ensure grants and programs align with forecasted expenditure.
• Communicate regularly with Area Managers to discuss activity planning and implementation.
• Ensure appropriate links are established amongst the USAID/OFDA project and other complimentary programs.
• Manage relationship with implementing local partners and ensure that project activities are implemented on time, all OFDA compliance measures are strictly adhered to, and financial and narrative reports are submitted timely.
• Ensure that an effective system of Accountability to Affected Population is developed and implemented
• Clearly define training needs of staff and ensure they are able to access training and professional development resources appropriate to their skill gaps/needs.
• Attend working groups with other international agencies when relevant
• Working with the DCD-Programs ensure regular communication with USAID/OFDA to share updates on challenges and program progress takes place.
• Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where team members strive to achieve excellence.
• Promote accountability, communicate expectations and provide constructive feedback via regular performance reviews.
• Supervise, hire and orient new team members as necessary. Provide team members with information, tools and other resources to improve performance & reach objectives.
• Contribute to country team-building efforts, help team members identify problem solving options and ensure the integration of all team members into relevant decision-making processes.
Accountability to Affected Population
• Relief International team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our Affected Population and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging Affected communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Monitoring and Reporting (15%)
• Take an active role in the monitoring of interventions; ensure the collation, analysis and sharing of data related to project activities and the overall context for the purpose of designing new interventions, and for donor advocacy and fund raising.
• Support the development of baseline, KAP and other project assessments and conduct in-depth analysis of assessment findings.
• Support field teams in ensuring that robust monitoring systems are in place and reviews are undertaken periodically.
• Lead on the development of project reports, including writing and providing data analysis for donor reporting and advocacy.
Qualifications & Requirements:
This position demands a dynamic, passionate team player with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in demanding and often difficult environments.
• 5 years experience in multi-sector project management for multi-million USD humanitarian response projects, especially in the Health, Nutrition and WASH sectors,
• 3 years experience of managing USAID/OFDA funded projects, including developing project reports
• 3 years in relevant field, supporting project teams on full project cycle technical needs (design, implementation, M&E, lessons learned)
• Demonstratable experience of budget management
• Demonstrable experience of working and developing key project management tools including workplans, Logframes, Budgets, HR and Monitoring and Evaluation plans.
• Demonstratable ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, tasks efficiently in a high-stress, fast-paced environment
• Demonstrable experience of working in conflict/volatile security contexts
• Understanding and demonstrated ability and experience of training others on international standards related gender and conflict sensitive programming
• Speaking and writing fluency in English is required, Arabic desirable
• Excellent time management skills, resourcefulness, with strong attention to detail
• Ability to work virtually with team members
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills
• Ability to think critically and creatively
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages including PowerPoint, Excel, Word etc.
• Excellent representation, presentation and communication skills.
• Creating an empowering and motivating environment; building relationships internally and externally
• Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
• Previous experience of working in Sudan is desirable
• A sense of humor and adaptable approach to working style and working in a team.