Iliad Partners is a Venture Capital firm based in Dubai that invests in early-stage technology companies with a focus on the MENA region. We partner with founders to build startups into high-growth ventures and the disruptive companies of tomorrow.
Iliad Partners works with software and internet-based ventures that capitalize on highly-scalable technologies and business models to solve local problems and support E-Commerce Enablement and digitization in the region and across emerging markets. We focus on mainly B2B models executed by strong teams in verticals including Logistics, Mobility, Fintech, Insurtech, Proptech, Edtech, and FoodTech among others.
As former entrepreneurs and industry executives with significant operating and investment experience, and global capabilities and reach, we take an active, hands-on approach. We leverage our operating profile and regional network to actively support our startups including with business development with key clients and strategic partners, market access and regional expansion, attracting the right talent, and developing the Finance function. Above all, we deeply value our relationship with founders and work hard to help them succeed as our partners.
The Principal is an exciting and multi-faceted position that will be a key member of the Iliad team. You will have the unique opportunity to work with the most promising tech startups in the region and top people in the industry including founders, investors, and industry leaders from MENA and around the world. This is a fast-paced, high-impact role for ambitious and high-performing candidates that aim to build a career in investments and venture capital with a path to partnership.
The key responsibilities of the position are:
• Systematically source startups that are within Iliad s investment scope and thesis
• Develop a network in the startup ecosystem with entrepreneurs and key stakeholders
• Screen, evaluate and analyze inbound deal-flow and organize opportunities in the pipeline
• Identify high potential investment opportunities early in their stage of development
• Engage with startups, collect materials, and conduct initial screen against criteria
• Cultivate relationships with founders; Over time, become a mentor / trusted advisor
• Work with the Iliad team including the Investment Associate to evaluate startups
• Analyze companies in-line with Iliad s investment process and investment criteria
• Research companies, their vertical / sectors, and regional and global comparables
• Conduct in-depth due diligence across commercial, financial, and other dimensions
• Prepare investment memorandums for presentation to the Investment Committee
• Work with Iliad s legal counsel and legal advisors to review legal documents
• Develop a perspective on the valuation and terms of investments backed by analysis
• Support negotiations and discussions with companies and co-investors
• Work closely with the Partners and others on each deal team through final execution
• Support portfolio companies on business development, finance, and other functions
• Contribute to revenue growth of portfolio companies and scaling into new markets
• Systematically monitor the performance of portfolio companies on a regular basis
• Prepare portfolio updates to Partners and Investors with the support of Iliad team
• Coordinate reporting with fund administrator, auditors, and other service provide