Responsible for implementing the Herd Health Management procedures including Vaccination Program, Disease Treatment Regimen, Veterinary Drug Usage as well as the fertility for the cows. Conduct the day to day medical inspection and remedial actions for the cow farm.
• Perform cow procedures such as surgical operations on wounded cows, vaccinate cows for diseases and infections, treat and dress wounds, and administer medications.
• Operate medical equipment used for treatment
• Collaborate with other veterinarians for medical procedures
• Conduct all laboratory work including disease screening (tuberculosis, etc.)
• Monitor animal health status and maintain accurate records in accordance with farm policies
• Provide treatment for sick animals, ease difficult births etc.
• Provides in-house veterinary services. Advises and consults with Farm team and Supervisors on cow health and disease prevention. Responds with urgency in trouble shooting cow health and disease issues that may arise. Identifies risks to cow health and care by location and advises farm team on necessary improvements.
• Trains Health foreman and team on cow farm health policies and procedures, including but not limited to vaccination, humane euthanasia and disease monitoring and prevention.
• Advise the farm team on technical questions related to food safety and cow care programs, program compliance and bio-security.
• Remain informed of cow healthcare advances and best practices; communicate opportunities for improvement to appropriate managers and leaders
• Issue dealth certificate for livestock for purpose of sale
Adhere to departmental budgets and ensure optimal utilization of all available resources.
Implement approved departmental policies, processes and procedures, to ensure work is completed out in a controlled and consistent manner while delivering a world class service.
Carry-out cost-efficient usage of all resources at disposal to reduce wastage and unnecessary expense.
Share ideas and viewpoints to further streamline processes, thus driving efficiency and improvements across the organization
Comply to all relevant QHSE management procedures and controls across the department so that AFLP provides a safe, world class, secure and environmentally responsible service to customers, the public and its employees.
Stay updated with on-going change and cascade approved communication to the layers below.
Collect and share ideas and viewpoints to further streamline systems, processes, thus driving efficiency and improvements across the organization