The American University of Kurdistan (AUK) invites applicants for the position of Vice President for Administration. AUK is a newly established public, special status, not-for-profit institution committed to advancing academic excellence, expanding liberal arts, professional, and scientific knowledge and preparing the next generation of leaders for the community. AUK envisions becoming the leading university in the autonomous Kurdistan Region of Iraq and beyond through implementing pedagogical approaches that impact critical thinking, problem solving, teamwork and the lifelong learning skills required for success in contemporary society and workplaces.
This position reports directly to the President.
AUK invites applications for this position starting the beginning of the spring semester 2020.
The Vice President for Administration is a senior position at AUK, reporting directly to the president. He/ She oversees all of the non-academic functions of the university, including campus services and development, human resources, information technology services, finance budget and planning, as well as public affairs and communications. The administrative functions of a university are many and varied, so the Vice President leads a large team of specialist professional managers and directors.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
• Has at least 15 years of experience in administrative management in a university or a similar environment.
• Holds a PhD in business management or an internationally certified public accountant with MBA.
• Must have experience managing large teams of people and multimillion dollar budgets.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills with an ability to influence and lead a wide variety of staff.
• Has organizational skills for supervising a plethora of activities ranging from finance to organizing events and conferences.
• Has the ability to create effective professional relationships, negotiate contracts and agreements, and gain consensus from all stakeholders