• Lead and manage the development of Corporate ADNOC Research & Technology guidelines, procedures and methodologies to contribute towards creation of Technical Centre of Excellence in ADNOC and Group Companies. Manage all research & technology development efforts for ADNOC Group and lead the deployment efforts to ensure effective development of new products/solutions and in addressing the operational challenges.
• Lead the identification, monitoring and, in conjunction with business, the licensing/acquisition of new technologies and alliances that can be incorporated into the company's current and future products.
• Direct, develop and maintain a system to manage all development programs and projects, including a rigorous review process, in order to ensure attainment of key milestones and adherence to project specifications, timelines and budgets.
• Formulate and implement the long-term strategy with respect to new and emerging technologies that advance ADNOC objectives in line with the strategic vision.
• Drive all R&D aspects of Intellectual Property (IP) to ensure ADNOC to Operate, as required, to write/submit patentable inventions. Manage university and other external research collaborations.
• Direct the management of research & analysis, pilot-plant operations, process engineering, modelling and simulation, catalyst research & development, material & corrosion, HSE, maintenance and administration activities to identify and resolve existing problems, analyse trends, enhance performance and optimise energy consumptions in order to maximise return on investment for ADNOC group companies.
• Oversee the provision of research and studies ensuring that condition of Asset integrity and life expectation of ADNOC Group are correctly evaluated, areas of concerns highlighted and appropriate solutions proposed.
• Provide technical leadership in developing RFPs and RFQs relevant to the Research & Technology Development functions; directs the preparation of all commercial enquiries and invitation to tender and monitors all Contractual operations related to the Division to ensure cost effective and quality services are obtained on all related contracts.
• Ensure that contractor s strategy, plans, specifications, methods and procedures for construction are in accordance with the scope of work, specification etc.
• Direct the research, development and implementation of capital projects to maintain assets and investments to improve the strategic positioning of the ADNOC operations.
Service Level Agreements
• Direct the drafting and implementation of the Service Level agreements between R&D and other international and local institutions, ensuring alignment with statutory standards and corporate governance framework.
• Ensure compliance with contractual terms by both parties and supports the achievement of set service parameters and quality standards in accordance with the Agreements.
Partnership and Alliances
• Direct the development and maintenance of effective business relationships with all relevant internal divisions and external entities such as Local and Global Research Service Providers, consultants, ADNOC counterparts, local & government authorities etc., with highest standards of business ethics, whilst promptly attending to all critical issues in order to ensure the services required by the organization are delivered in the most effective manner.
• Identify potential partners to assist in technology development efforts to reduce risk and increase benefit to ADNOC Group
• Develop relationships with immediate, short-term and long-term partners for co-investment into R&D efforts.
• Develop consistent and realistic long and short term operational plans for the Division in line with the Function objectives and manage the implementation of approved long and short term plans and ensure they are effectively converted into its performance objectives to achieve established service levels.
Budgets & Cost Control
• Develop and manage the Division annual budget in line with the Function s business objectives and operational plans ensuring that adequate funding provision is made for all Division activities.
• Monitor expenditure against approved Division budget on a regular basis; investigate, highlight and reconcile any significant variances to ensure effective performance and cost control.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
• Develop and implement appropriate Division policies, processes, systems, standards, procedures and internal controls, Company guidelines in order to support execution of the Directorate s work programs in line with Company and International standards.
• Contribute to the development of the Directorate s KPI s and ensure proper cascade of the Performance objectives within the Division and establish monitoring mechanisms to ensure delivery of these objectives and promote a performance driven culture.
• Manage the implementation of the Company Performance Management System for individuals within the Division in accordance with Company approved guidelines.
• Develop knowledge, competencies and innovative spirit in the Division and support the establishment of Personal Development Plans (PDP s), Succession Planning and Talent pipeline within the Division in coordination with relevant Human Capital Functions to continuously develop employees with emphasis on UAE Nationals to meet Emiratization targets.
Organisation Structure and Development
• Review, develop and recommend the appropriate organisation structure for the Division that will best utilise human capital while proactively incorporating sustainability into the on-going work practices to meet the business objectives.
• Contribute and support establishment of a Corporate Integrated Risk Management System within the Division, while identifying and assessing relevant domain risks and implement measures to manage and mitigate all identified risks within the Division.
• Communicate corporate business ethics and Company s Code of Conduct to employees within the Division and ensure compliance to the Corporate Policies and guidelines.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
• Promote an organisation culture that encourages innovation, enhances employee motivation and supports initiatives for implementation of Change Management to continuously improve the Division operations and services.
• Recommend improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with approved standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the Division.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability