The Watson Technical Architect will:
• Work with the most influential enterprises in the MEA region to transform business operations with AI solutions.
• Leverage in-depth knowledge, experience and insight to address client's business issues (which may include client, industry or technology related pressures) with Watson solutions that improve the client's return on investment.
• Support and execute the sales process with in-depth sales, organizational, business and professional skills.
• Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and understanding of the selected business solution, the IBM capabilities that surround this solution and the value the solution can bring to our client s business issues.
• Team with client sales team, providing technical sales support on Watson offerings in line with client needs.
• Prepare and deliver presentations to line of business executives as well as customer IT departments.
• Provide feedback from customers to Product Marketing, Product Management, and Product Development.
• Engage additional resources as needed to support the sale.
• Understand unstructured data solutions, with preferred specific expertise in search and unstructured analytics.
Key soft skills
• Ability to articulate the value of IBM's Data&AI Portfolio
• Ability to understand market dynamics of the AI space to lead competitive positioning from a technical and economical perspective.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the economics behind capital purchases and tradeoffs of on-premise and cloud-based software solutions.
• Demonstrated interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated written communication skills.
• Demonstrated organizational skills, discipline, with attention to detail and ability to balance multiple tasks.
• Competitive self-starter with a sense of urgency.
• Interact with corporate-level executives .
• Objection handling skills.
• Understand prospect insiders and how competition sells to the account. Develop insights from this and from public sources.
• Stay ahead and on top of all new product features and fixes.
Provide technical consultation and education to the Sales team and Business Partners by keeping them apprised on new product information.
Key technical skills
• Experience with Watson services and solutions: Watson Services, Watson Assistant, Watson Discovery, Watson Explorer, Watson NL Understanding, Watson Compare&Comply, etc.
• Experience with core enabling technologies: Open Source, ML, Deep Learning, Databases, networking, Unix, Linux, Windows operating systems.
• Knowledge in IBM AI Platform and Data Science space: Cloud Pak for Data, SPSS, Decision Optimization, R and Python programming, etc.
• Experience with data integration and governance solutions, including but not limited to IBM Information Server, Informatica, Oracle, Talend, Ab Initio.
• Knowledge of in the Open Source space: Apache Hadoop, etc.