Calvin James Recruitment has partnered with a fast growing Fintech company based in Dubai. We are looking for an ambitious and driven Wealth Manager to join a growing like-minded team.
Our client is an award-winning fast-growing startup that is democratizing access to real estate investing through an online platform. We have a small team, traction, paying customers and are currently part of a world-leading FinTech accelerator program. We are also working on emerging technology such as AI/Machine learning and Blockchain to reimagine digital experience and create disruptive model models.
We are looking for an outstanding senior financial advisor/relationship manager who has experience of providing financial advice to help clients create viable plans for managing their finances relative to individual and family situations focused on real estate assets.
Our advisors need to be likable and trustworthy. Being successful requires building a client base, and doing that involves convincing people that you can be a trusted source for information and direction regarding their investments.
The Financial advisor should be able to understand the emotional needs of our client base and goals such as college savings, retirement, and wealth building and recommend a mix of investments including stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and most importantly real estate to help clients reach their goals.
The candidate will work closely with the founders and the technical partner but is expected to work independently to take our platform to the next level.
The primary tasks:
• Spend a considerable amount of time and energy prospecting for new customers (digital and traditional tactics)
• Meet with prospects and try to convince them to sign on as clients.
• Engage established clients and interview them to assess their risk tolerance and financial goals.
• Discussing clients financial goals and educating clients on various ways to accomplish them. This
includes giving overviews of different investment types and explaining how each can benefit, or
hinder, the client s objectives.
• Help clients assess how aggressive they can be with their investments and the amount of risk they
can bear. The adviser must consider the client s long- and short-term goals, family status, age,
employment, and expenses to give the most accurate advice.
• Coordinate and drive the business development/sales activities and lead by example
• Drive the short, medium, and long-term sales activities
• An absolute must is having a track record of being a great trusted relationship builder
• Ideally, have financial planning certification like the Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
• While not required, a master s degree in finance, business administration, or other similar fields is
• Understanding business and finance, analytical skills and people skills are very important
• Advisors need to be able to read data, recognize trends, and anticipate where markets are going to be of the most value to their clients particularly for real estate asset
• Enjoy the challenge of building and growing a digital platform based business
• Comes from a startup/scaleup digital venture background, ideally worked on a startup platform
• Have an eye for the broader strategic aspects and trends
• Proactive, self-driven, and able to thrive in a fast-moving startup environment
• Take ownership; when a task or an area of responsibility resides with you, we trust it will be driven to
completion, on time and to high quality
• Think strategically, but with a bias towards getting stuff done without over-thinking it
• Are structured, focused, and able to keep to task lists and timelines
• Communicate fluently and effectively in English, internally and with external partners.
• Are committed to the job and the growth opportunity in a startup
• Enjoy working as part of a team
What We ll Give You
• Staff development & recognition plan
• Share in the company equity through Company share scheme (ESOP)
• Performance-based compensation tied to products sold, assets managed and/or the number of financial
plans generated for clients