WELLA - Senior Digital and E-Commerce Manager, MEA
Wella is one of the world s leading professional and retail hair companies. It is a beauty collective with a mission to enable consumers to look & feel like their true selves. Its love brands, which include beauty icons such as Wella, Clairol, OPI, and ghd (all together Wella ), are co-created by & designed for the beauty junkies of today & tomorrow. Following the signing of an agreement with global investment firm KKR for the divestiture of Coty s Professional and Retail Hair businesses, Wella is on its way to becoming a fully independent, standalone company with its own management team and operational structures. In closing, our new company will have a presence in over 100 countries and an estimated annual net revenue of $2.3Bn. Wella and its brands, are and will remain committed to a range of social causes as well as seeking to minimize its impact on the environment. For additional information about Wella please visit www.wellacareers.com
As the Senior Digital and E-Commerce Manager, MEA will be responsible for the creation and implementation of online marketing and media strategies and plans through collaboration with internal and external stakeholders. You will be the interface between the brand team, media agencies, global in-house teams, and Wella Distributors of the Middle East and Africa region. Responsible for all media activities across offline and digital; and accountable for managing the annual brand spends as well as driving long-term deals and operating efficiencies. Direct reporting to the Commercial Director.
• Create and implement digital and e-commerce strategies to best reach the target consumer and achieve optimal efficiency and effectiveness.
• Drive the creation of the digital marketing road map and lead specific capacity building initiatives, collaborating with technology partners and enterprise teams.
• Manage online selling of multiple product lines or internet services.
• Responsible for the online image of product lines/services as well as generating sales through the internet.
• Manage and deliver end-to-end digital programs and initiatives, leveraging agile and design-thinking principles to drive sustainable implementation.
• Maintain and improve day-to-day digital channel operations and functionality.
• Define and execute new opportunities to build authority.
• Define a Global SEO process and governance.
• Own and support execution of our global, multi-brand, and site SEO strategy.
• Supervise the creation and update of SEO playbook and bibles.
• Drive actionable insights from competitors and run search/content landscape audits.
• Coordinate local content creation efforts and governance.
• Support optimization of our website technical requirements following technical audits.
• Support reporting and presenting of monthly presented KPI s.
• Support on developing media training programs and playbook to raise the Media communication IQ of the marketing/e-commerce community team.
• Support technical changes for the client-facing digital platforms; assess and understand the implications of technical changes to the client experience.
• Manage a few advertising/promotion/other marketing campaigns and negotiate service level agreements to ensure successful campaigns and value for money.
• Plan, coordinate and supervise activities relating to campaigns.
• Budget management.
You thrive at building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions. You are committed, conscientious and always lead with integrity. You recognize the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization. You believe in the value of teamwork. You bring a high level of knowledge and know-how plus creativity and enthusiasm to your work and to everything you do.
• Degree qualified in Business, Marketing, or related discipline.
• 7 to 10 years of relevant experience, ideally in online/e-commerce marketing, at media agency or equivalent FMCG.
• Proven experience in successfully leading digital or e-commerce initiatives.
• Strong understanding of how all current digital marketing channels function
• Solid knowledge of online marketing tools and best practices
• Hands-on experience with SEO/SEM, Google Analytics, and CRM software
• Familiarity with web design
• Hands on experience with market share gains and launches.
• Track record of successfully and autonomously led complex projects of high scale, on local or regional level.
• Comprehensive experiencer of creating a long-lasting business relationship across a matrix organization.
• Experience in business cycle planning; yearly business plan and forecasting.
• Ability to formulate and communicate complex ideas and plans across levels within the company.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to work autonomously, under pressure, and to a high standard.
• Fluency in English is a requirement, excellent oral, and written communication skills.
• Strong people skills and ability to effectively engage colleagues and senior stakeholders across the business.
• Strong analytical skills and energetic and hands-on.
• Strong business sense, entrepreneurial, and ability to develop sound opportunities to meet the needs of our customers and our business.
• Proactively, independent, and a self-starter.
• Results-oriented and the ability to maintain focus on quantitative objectives in a multi-task demanding environment.
• Design-thinking principles to drive sustainable implementation.
• Fluent in English, both written and spoken required. (Arabic preferred)
• Previous experience in a highly regulated industry is preferred.
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR WELLA
What you can expect from us:
• Attractive salary package
• Continued learning and growth opportunities
• Truly international and diverse environment where you can be your true self
We offer equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We comply with national, federal, and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities.