Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last mile: ACTED s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 4,600 national staff 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 14 million beneficiaries.
Since 2012, ACTED has been implementing projects with vulnerable communities in Syria with a two-fold approach: ACTED provides life-saving support to vulnerable displaced persons, returnees, and host communities across Syria, through multi-sectorial rapid emergency services, and implements a wide range of resilience building interventions. Thus, ACTED has been able to strengthen its links with Syrian local communities and to develop an in-depth knowledge of local dynamics. A team of 900+ is currently working in Syria.
You will be in charge of
• Support the fundraising effort of the ACTED WoS mission by developing outputs as part of the proposal development process;
• Design thematic factsheets, brochure and presentations to raise the profile of ACTED on thematic topics to current and potential partners and donors;
• Grant management
• Ensure that contractual obligations (including visibility requirements are known and met by Program, AMEU, and FLATs teams;
• Support field teams with project visibility and donor visibility including through the review of visibility materials;
• Participate in the kick-off and close out meetings for each project;
• Participate in developing quality narrative reports, in liaison with ACTED HQ GMU and Finance, which will contribute ultimately to steady cash inflow;
• Develop communication plans for each project to ensure all contractual communication indicators are met, as relevant;
• Develop ACTED s external communication materials about specific activities in alignment with the communication plans, including articles, success stories, etc.
• Contribute to effective partner follow up, including through technical support in developing communication and reporting plans and trainings on relevant project development and communications topics.
• Internal Coordination and Communication
• Develop internal communication media tools (internal newsletter, etc.)
• File, organize, and select pictures from field activities from ACTED and partners as relevant;
• Conduct communication training for the field teams and other departments to increase communication capacities across the mission;
• Lead on the annual report consolidation for HQ;
• Provide regular reports to HQ on programming and innovative components which can contribute to raising ACTED s profile regionally and globally.
• External Relations
• Respond to ad-hoc requests for visibility and content;
• Provide support in the context of donor visits.