The Work Order Control Specialist
performs s pecialized clerical work in coordinating functions for dispatch and maintenance of vehicles, grounds maintenance equipment, and procurement of equipment and supplies for the Maintenance Department
• Utilize the Installation
Engineering Management System ( IEMS)
module to requisition parts for M&R, RWP work, and DSWs.
• Plan and schedule preventive and corrective
maintenance; track services; track costs; and record work performance details
• Gather, input, retrieve and maintain maintenance information in both computer and manual systems
• Provide general clerical work to assure the smooth operation of the Maintenance Department
• General clerical duties, including filing, photocopying, faxing, posting of notices, and ordering of parts and supplies as directed
• Develop and issue computer reports as requested
• Assist with and/or prepare materials
• Prepare summary reports of transportation and maintenance costs
• Research availability and source of purchase for emergency and critical spare parts and repair parts
• Compile information such as identification of items, costs, vendor, freight charges, etc. for purchasing of all maintenance materials
• Prepare all purchase requisitions, coordinate and expedite approvals as required, maintain all budgetary records and provide follow-up action with accounting, buyers, vendors, requestors and receiving
• Review documents for sufficiency and maintaining any necessary follow-up
• Maintain all files and inventory records of all orders placed and received, including delivery time schedules
• Keep an up-to-date record of materials used so that minimum stock levels are maintained.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
• Must be able to take direction / supervision and work cooperatively with others
• Ability to perform general office work
• Good communication skills
• Ability to use computer and related software programs to accomplish assigned tasks
• Knowledge of office practices and procedures
• Skill in typing statistical tabulations accurately
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
• Ability to maintain complex records and to assemble and organize data
Experience & Education
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Two (2) years of related clerical experience in vehicle dispatching or plant maintenance; or any equivalent combination of directly related training and experience.
with Air Force work order Automated Management Systems (AMS) (e.g. ACES,
IEMS, TRIREGA) is preferred.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
• Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
• Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
• Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally