Performing and documenting maintenance and alterations of aircraft engines, propellers, and accessories in accordance with the approved Aircraft Inspection Program, manufacturer s maintenance manuals and associated service documentation with limited supervision, assists in high quality inspections, servicing, troubleshooting, and maintaining of aircraft engines, propellers, systems and components on a variety of aircraft engines using proper tooling in a timely, clean, safe and professional manner. Accurately orders required parts as needed. Assist the Engine Supervisor to accomplish aviation unit, and intermediate maintenance inspections, services, and repairs on all assigned aircraft turbine engines and components.
Will also be responsible to:
1. Removes, replaces, services, prepares, preserves, cleans and stores engine assembles or components.
2. Disassembles repairs, resembles, adjusts, diagnose tests turbine engine systems, subsystems and components according to applicable manuals and directives.
3. Assists in troubleshooting engines/engine components and rigging engine controls.
4. Follow technical instructions and work closely with engineering staff to assure engines are performing as requested during testing and operations.
5. Maintain the highest level of work area safety, cleanliness and organization
6. Uses and performs user maintenance on common and special tools.
7. Requisitions aircraft parts, and maintains shop and bench stock for repair of aircraft engine and components.
8. Inspects and prepares forms and records in accordance with OEM and AFAD rules and regulations.
9. Performs preventative and storage maintenance based on assessment of engine and propeller status and OEM instructions.
10. Help logistic department in forecasting needed spares and tools for engines and propellers maintenance.
11. Train host national personnel on the proper maintenance of the engines and associated components and subsystems.
12. Responsible for tools and equipment inventory assigned by the supervisor.
13. Performs other duties as assigned or directed.